Welcome to the Texas State Chapter of the US Taekwondo Committee



UTSC Texas Taekwondo Hanmadang - May 17 2014

When: May 17, 2014
Where: McKinney Boyd High School

             McKinney, Texas Welcomes our 2nd USTC Texas Taekwondo Championship


In order to ensure a smoothly run and on-schedule tournament, I strongly encourage all participants to pre-register early. The early bird registration is $80 for the first two events per competitor and $15 for each incremental event. Competitors can register now through May 13, 2014. Late registration is May 14-16 and will incur a late fee of $15.00 Hard CUT OFF registration is May 16th at 12:00 pm

You will be able to compete in the following 14 events as noted below:

  • Olympic sport sparring - USAT Rules - No Exceptions [jr safety rules]
  • Individual creative breaking
  • Individual creative forms with weapons
  • Individual creative forms without weapons
  • Individual jumping high kick
  • Individual power breaking knife hand (downward)
  • Individual power breaking skipping side kick
  • Individual power breaking turning back kick
  • Individual spinning hook kick (30 seconds)
  • Individual traditional forms
Team Events

  • Team creative forms with weapons
  • Team creative forms without weapons
  • Team demonstration
  • Team traditional forms
 

 

You may reach the "USTC Texas Taekwondo Hanmadang Organizing Committee" at 2050 Alma Rd, McKinney, TX 75070 or call 972-548-8275

 

INVITATION

To All Grandmasters, Masters, Coaches and Competitors;

After last year's successful event, it is my pleasure and honor to invite you and your students to the "2nd USTC of Texas Taekwondo Hanmadang Championships". The Championships will be held on May 17th, 2014, in McKinney, Texas (Boyd High School). Last year's tournament was the first USTC Hanmadang held in Texas and it proved to be a great success and we believe that this year's Championships are expected to be a bigger event. I owe much appreciation to the Grandmasters, Referees, Coaches, Competitors and a special thanks to all the volunteers and families, without your support we would not have had such a successful event. I should add not only did we have a great turn out but great competition in all events. Our Texas and surrounding states competitors demonstrated great technique and martial arts skill.

Every student in your school can compete in this tournament!

Taekwondo Schools in the United States has approximately 10% of the student body participating in sparring classes and competitions. The USTC Texas Taekwondo Hanmadang offers the opportunity for the other 90% to showcase their Martial Arts skills in traditional forms, creative forms, creative board breaking, weapons, power breaking, and demonstration team events! And, yes, we will also offer Olympic Sport Taekwondo Sparring (USA Taekwondo rules). Additionally, parents, grandparents, children, uncles and aunts can create teams and participate together. This unique ability for families to participate together is one that draws such strong participation numbers and unites our Taekwondo family!

Please be on the look out for the tournament brochure or go online and review the specifics. In order to ensure a smoothly run and on-schedule tournament, I strongly encourage all participants to pre-register early. Competitors can register now through May 13th, 2014. Registrations dated after May 14th through May 16th, will incur a late fee $15.00. Hard CUT OFF Registration is May 16th, 12:00pm.

The USTC Texas Taekwondo Hanmadang Championships provides competitors with an invaluable opportunity to show all of their hard work, dedication and passion for the Martial Art of Taekwondo.
For more information, the latest news and updates, please visit our association's website at www.ustctx.org.

I am looking forward to seeing you at these Championships.

Sincerely Yours,
Master Vasquez Sr.

US Open Hanmadang - June 20-21, 2014

The U.S. Taekwondo Committee is proud to announce the 6th Annual U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang will be held at the World Arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA from June 20-21, 2014. After 3 successful years of holding this event in Chicago, the event has resided in Colorado Springs where in 1992, the first ever U.S. Open Taekwondo Championship was created. The 2014U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang is expected to host over 1,300 participants from all over the world. The most famous Taekwondo practitioners from China, Taiwan, Korea, as well as European and Pan American countries will be represented, and a world famous Taekwondo Demonstration Team will perform at the Opening Ceremonies.

Taekwondo sparring is very well known as an Olympic sport. However, because of the high skill level and physical conditioning needed to be successful at sparring, the average Taekwondo School in the United States only has approximately 10% of the student body participating in sparring class and competitions. The U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang events are for the other 90% of Taekwondo students who do not participate in sparring. The U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang offers the opportunity for the 90% to showcase their skills in traditional forms, creative forms, creative board breaking, power breaking, and demonstration team events.

Additionally, parents, grandparents, children, uncles and aunts can create teams and participate together. This unique ability for families to participate together is one that draws such strong participation numbers. George Purnia from Colorado Springs said, “The award certificate that my grandsons will receive for placing in the top 3 at the Hanmadang will be a valuable addition to their college applications.”

During the previous U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadangs in Chicago, many school owners were hesitant because they did not understand what the Hanmadang events were. However, after seeing the Hanmadang in person, they were excited to see that the events are the same events they are already teaching their students in class. Additionally, the U.S. Open Taekwondo Hanmadang will help build team spirit and unity in their school.

​More detailed information will be available soon. However, for any further questions or comments, please call toll free at 1-855-TKD-OKOK (853-6565).